Pilates is a low impact, flowing movement exercise therapy regime, which is suitable for everyone (we even offer a specialised Pregnancy Pilates class). Recovery or rest periods are not required, therefore, you are able to do Pilates as much as you want without increased risk of injury!
Pilates will positively impact your every day life through:
- Increased core stability
- Improved posture
- Correction of muscle imbalances
- Enhanced sports performance
- Injury prevention
- Increased endurance
- Pain reduction for chronic pain sufferers
- Total body conditioning
You will achieve longer, leaner, toned muscles opposed to shorter bulkier superficial muscles which are often targeted in typical workouts. Best of all the workouts are never boring as there are hundreds of combinations and modifications for your personal requirements.
Gain body awareness and get more from your workout as you understand correct posture, body positioning, movement patters, muscle activation and breathing. The more you train, the more automatic the movement and muscle activation patterns become.
Every Pilates exercise requires activation from the core of the body which promotes stability and strength.
Pilates breathing patterns improve the effectiveness of the exercise and assist with the flowing movement required to perform the exercises.
All Pilates movements are controlled. More is gained by a slow and complete movement (pushing and resisting) opposed to a jerky and repetitious movement.
Practice makes Perfect! Movements are performed with precision, purpose and direction.
Focus on increasing the duration a muscle is under tension opposed to repetitions. The motion is continuous and smooth.
Pilates creates body and muscle awareness which enables you to isolate and primarily activate stabilising muscles opposed to large or superficial muscles when performing movements in all directions.
Pilates exercises improve coordination and challenge the mind and body. Ongoing and regular Pilates will exponentially deliver results.
Background on Lead Instructor
It is important to find a Pilates Instructor who is passionate about Pilates and who can inspire and motivate you. Pilates is concerned with functional movement. In other words, how we can look, feel and move better every day through the benefits of Pilates.
"I have always loved Pilates but took the leap and significant investment to become an instructor after the birth of my second child. As I regained my strength, body awareness and confidence through Pilates I realised that Pilates can truly transform the body like nothing else! It is such a unique, effective and safe form of exercise that I had to share this experience with others."
Pilates Rockhampton Success Stories
Nothing gives more satisfaction to your instructor than results…
- ‘Just realised my knees don’t click anymore since I have come to Pilates Rockhampton.’
- ‘In just a few sessions I have already gained so much more flexibility.’
- ‘I’ve started correcting my posture and practicing my breathing during my morning walks.’
- ‘I can’t believe I didn’t have any joint pain during and after the Pilates Session! Everything else I have tried has left me in pain.’
- ‘This is so hard but so worth it – I came here for core strength and have got so much more!’
- This is not what I expected Pilates to be, but I love it.’
- ‘I came with no confidence regarding my lower back problems. After 2 one-on-ones I feel confident enough to participate in group classes and keep strengthening my body.’
- ‘I have felt muscles I didn’t even know existed. I love how I feel like my whole body has worked hard after the session.’
COME & SEE HOW PILATES ROCKHAMPTON CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOR THE BETTER