1. Pilates gives you time to yourself. It may be hard work to make sure you get to the Pilates class on time, but once you arrive there are no calls or texts to answer, no kids to tend to, no work to organise, and no traffic to navigate. It is a moment to recharge and focus on you!
2. Pilates makes you feel more in control. Pilates, originally named “Contrology” by its founder Joseph Pilates, teaches you to use your mind to control your muscles and body. When you are in control of your body, you feel more in control of your life.
3. You will leave feeling more energised. Unlike some high-impact exercise systems that leave you feeling like your were run over by a truck, Pilates actually leaves you with more energy. It moves the sludge out of your joints, improves circulation, stimulates your nervous system, and leaves you feeling great, like you are ready to take on the world.
4. Work out nervous tension. Pilates is an effective workout. You will move your body to its limit and make the most from every movement you make. As you follow the instructors cues; you will work out physical tension, tightness, and aches and pains and will help you regain flexibility and mobility.
5. You will sleep better. Joseph Pilates believed the most important element for better sleep was mental calm. When your mind is free from nervous energy and your body feels good, you sleep better. The rolling exercises in Pilates were designed to massage the spine, relax the nerves and cleanse the body.
Pilates will help you stay balanced in more ways than one! Do everything in your power to keep those Pilates Rockhampton appointments and you will feel better for it.