Pilates at a Beginner Level
Pilates (or the Pilates method) is a combination of hundreds of exercises inspired by calisthenics, yoga and ballet. It’s a common misconception that Pilates is only for serious athletes or professional dancers. While these groups first adopted Pilates, they aren’t the only ones who can benefit from this approach to low impact strength training and fitness.
Pilates lengthens and stretches all the major muscle groups in a balanced fashion. It improves flexibility, strength, balance and body awareness. Always consult your doctor when starting a new fitness program, especially if you have a pre-existing medical condition, pregnant or have not exercised in a long time.
Pilates can be an aerobic and non-aerobic form of exercise. It requires concentration as the body controls precise ranges of motion that strengthen your core and muscles surrounding the joints. Each exercise has a prescribed placement, rhythm and breathing pattern. As a beginner, the quality of each exercise is more important than the number of repetitions or how energetically you can move.
Pilates is suitable for beginners as exercises are modified to suit the individual person and exercises are regularly re-evaluated to ensure they are appropriate for that person. Due to the individual attention that Pilates Rockhampton can offer, you can feel and see progress by following a consistent but tailored program. Pilates can be delivered with different structures and levels so everybody from elite athletes to people with limited mobility, pregnant women and people with beginner fitness levels benefit.
The health benefits of Pilates include:
- improved flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone
- balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- weight loss
- improved posture and balance
- prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- improved physical coordination and endurance
- relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
- prevention and management of musculoskeletal injuries
- chronic pain management for many conditions including arthritis
- increased lung capacity and circulation
- improved concentration and body awareness
- stress management and relaxation.
Types of classes include:
- Private / tailored sessions
- Group Reformer_Beginner
- Group Reformer_Pregnancy
- Group Reformer_Total Body Fitness (most popular)
- Group Reformer_Bootcamp (cardio and intermediate+ series)
Private Sessions are for anyone who wants to use a range of equipment and resistance techniques that are suitable to their body’s needs. This could include rehabilitation purposes, chronic pain suffers, pre or post natal women and BEGINNERS. There are so many benefits to Pilates so why not invest in getting the most out of your Pilates experience as you learn great techniques that will improve your daily mobility and posture.