Hit the ball farther, straighter and more accurately with less chance of injury…
Golf may look easy however the fact is golf requires muscular strength, joint flexibility, mobility and stability. The repetitive movements often lead to some muscles becoming overused and others weakening, causing an imbalance.
For a golfer, muscle imbalances can affect the legs, hips, arms, shoulders, and the lower back. Your drives may be shorter and less accurate, your stamina may decrease, and the risk of injury increases.
Recreation and elite golfers are now turning to Pilates as an essential training tool that keeps the body in balance and actually improves performance.
Pilates is a full body, low impact exercise that works all muscles. All movements focus on core activation and engagement, which can improve hip rotation, range of motion in the shoulders and back stability leading to a more powerful and accurate golf swing. The end result is a flexible, symmetrically muscled body that is strengthened from the inside out.
Secure a Pilates Rockhampton Golfers package to help you:
• Strengthen the back muscles evenly
• Elongate and align the spine for better stability
• Strengthen the abdominals
• Increase overall flexibility, strength, and balance
• Increase range of motion in hips and shoulders
• Enhance concentration through focused breathing
The core strength gained at Pilates Rockhampton helps Golfers:
• Improve backswing and follow-through with increased range of motion in shoulders
• Get more distance and power because of added hip and torso flexibility
• Have a stronger and bigger hip turn for greater power through rotation
• Create a smoother and more powerful swing due to strengthened back muscles
• Maximize balance and alignment while rotating
• Decrease fatigue and play pain free